This is another of my old Fish Camp/Deer Camp recipes and I made it yesterday for the Georgia game at Cast Away Cove. Lisa and I were working on the house while watching the game and we both found ourselves going back to the crockpot again and again for more of this delicious dip. It’s pretty meaty, cheesy and addicting, especially watching football on a fall day. Btw, you can replace the ground beef with sausage, venison, chicken or even turn it into a seafood dip with shrimp or Langostino lobster. Here’s my best stab at the amounts as I have never really officially measured anything and I always suggest making changes to the way you like it.
Preheat your oven to 375 degrees
- 1/2-1 pound of cooked ground beef/venison, cooked sausage or cooked chicken
- 2- 8 ounce packages of cream cheese (softened)
- 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup of shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 can of Ro*Tel Dice tomatoes with lime juice and cilantro
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup of chopped andouille sausage (optional)
- I like to throw in a little Old Bay for that southern flair
- salt and pepper to taste
I just mix all of the ingredients listed above in a big mixing bowl and then put it all in my big blue baking dish. I cover and bake the dip for about 25 minutes covered and another 15 minutes uncovered. After I remove it from the oven I transfer it to the crockpot to keep it warm and ready to serve with my favorite, Tostito’s scoops. Enjoy!!
George T. Miserendino