This is one recipe that doesn’t take a lot of prep time and is a delicious meal for fish camp or deer camp. I make it from time to time and usually we have enough leftovers for sharing with family members. Since we just celebrated thanksgiving, sometimes, I’ll use the leftover turkey or ham instead of a chicken.
- 1 roasted chicken or 1-2lbs of leftover turkey
- 1/2 stick of melted butter
- 1 can of cream of chicken soup
- 1 can of cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1 16-ounce bag of mixed vegetables
- 3 cubed softened potatoes
- 2 cans of plain crescent rolls
- salt and pepper to taste
Make sure your vegetables are thawed before mixing and mix all the ingredients above in a large mixing bowl.
I use one of the crescent roll cans and line the bottom of a greased (or Pam) 9×13 baking dish. Spread the chicken mixture evenly on top of the crescent dough.
After spreading the mixture evenly, spread the other can of crescent dough across the top. You may need to stretch it a little to cover the top.
I bake mine at 375 degrees for 35-40 minutes uncovered.