This is a recipe I’ve been wanting to do for a while but didn’t get the pictures I needed till yesterday afternoon when we made the baked beans to go along with our smoked brisket and potato salad for ourselves and our house guests.
- 1 pound of lean ground beef
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 2 large cans of pork and beans 53 ounce (we drain 1 can)
- 6 slices of bacon
- 1/2-1 cup of ketchup
- 1/2 cup of chopped bell pepper (optional)
- 1/2 cup of chopped Vidalia onion
- salt to taste
- course black pepper to taste
- Brown the hamburger meat, drain and set aside
Finely chop the onion
Prepare the bacon and set aside
place the 2 cans of pork and beans in a aluminum pan for baking.
Add the ground beef, onion, brown sugar and ketchup to the beans
When everything is mixed thoroughly, top with the stripes bacon and bake the mixture uncover at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. Ready to serve.